The New Zealand Stand Up Paddling Inc (NZSUP) Annual General Meeting will be held on at 10:30 am on Saturday 22nd June at Harcourts Offices (125 Hurstmere Rd, Takapuna, Auckland.
NZSUP is a not-for-profit Incorporated Society run by a volunteer committee: the President, Secretary and Treasurer and several others, who are passionate about stand up paddling, both recreational and competitive.
The purposes of the Society are to:
- promote, organise, administer and represent stand up paddling;
- facilitate and promote responsible and safe stand up paddling in accordance with industry best practice;
- manage, sanction, support, coordinate and conduct national and international stand up paddling events;
- develop and oversee training and instruction guidelines, courses and athlete performance programmes, in liaison with other organisations where appropriate;
- advance and facilitate representation of New Zealand stand up paddlers at international events;
- cooperate and affiliate with other national and international bodies with similar objects;
- do anything necessary or helpful to the above purposes.
At the AGM the officers and committee are elected for the following year. NZSUP needs people with a range of skills to get on board, and we encourage members from all around New Zealand to get involved.
If you’d like to nominate anyone to the NZSUP committee, please email it to the NZSUP secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 pm on Monday 17th June. You can nominate yourself. Please provide some background details about your nominee and a photo if possible. The Committee comprises Chair/President, Secretary, Treasurer and a minimum of 3 others (maximum 8 Committee Members).
If you want to propose a motion for the Annual General Meeting, please give written notice and information in support of the motion to email@example.com
If the member’s motion is signed by at least 20 members, the information will be circulated to all members before the meeting. If it is signed by fewer than 20, the Committee may decide whether or not the Society will vote on the motion. (To become a member SIGN UP HERE)
If you want to propose to amend or replace the Rules your proposal must be signed by at least 20 members and include written explanation of the reasons for the proposal. The Rules of New Zealand Stand Up Paddling Incorporated can be viewed here and also on the Incorporated Societies website.